Welcome to Pilkipedia, Guest! We hope you enjoy the boards available for you to browse here in secrecy.
However why not sign up to the forum to browse the several hidden boards and contribute to our growing community!

Ricky hate?

Talk about all other things related to Ricky, Steve and Karl.

Moderators: Gtpod, Barrylad

Ricky hate?

Postby MentalHomeless » Thu 16 Jul, 2015 3:32 pm

New here, so hello fellow Karl fanatics.
I'm really struggling to understand why the hate for ricky, yeah I understand how he's turned quite obnoxious and whatnot, but how many celebrities as big as him aren't?
He was voted the most powerful man in comedy, I don't think any of us can honestly say that we would not let that get to our heads.
He's also an avid animal rights supporter, and he is always writing new material and sticking with what's good and what he knows, Derek is quite brilliant and I know I will get hate, but it's not made just to laugh at, it's a drama/comedy, and it's quite an emotionally powered show, not many shows follow this style as its so hard to pull off!

Anyways as a conclusion, I don't want to make any enemies just expressing an opinion, I don't think ricky deserves the hate he gets, but please I'm looking forward to hearing what you all have to say :)

And hope you like my name ;)
If it's a potato or a nut, it's a foodage
MentalHomeless

Reputation point: 44

Re: Ricky hate?

Postby mars bah bah bah » Thu 16 Jul, 2015 3:37 pm

MentalHomeless wrote:New here, so hello fellow Karl fanatics.
I'm really struggling to understand why the hate for ricky, yeah I understand how he's turned quite obnoxious and whatnot, but how many celebrities as big as him aren't?
He was voted the most powerful man in comedy, I don't think any of us can honestly say that we would not let that get to our heads.
He's also an avid animal rights supporter, and he is always writing new material and sticking with what's good and what he knows, Derek is quite brilliant and I know I will get hate, but it's not made just to laugh at, it's a drama/comedy, and it's quite an emotionally powered show, not many shows follow this style as its so hard to pull off!

Anyways as a conclusion, I don't want to make any enemies just expressing an opinion, I don't think ricky deserves the hate he gets, but please I'm looking forward to hearing what you all have to say :)

And hope you like my name ;)

Love your name.

Nobody's going to hate you for expressing an opinion; although many will strongly disagree with you. If anything, you're more likely to leave here going, "oh, yeah, maybe I hate Ricky, too!"

The reason so many people are disappointed in him is that he's become the very thing he once used to be so funny and great for mocking. He didn't fit the stereotype of a celebrity and he openly mocked a lot of the nonsense of celebrity culture. So it's not that he's becoming a pompous celebrity knob, it's that he's become the pompous celebrity knob we as fans came to love him for being better than. As fans of THAT Ricky, it's hard to turn around and say, "Fair enough."

He's obsessed with animal rights to the point he does nothing but show cute pictures of animals and rave like a lunatic, shame hunters, and basically produce nothing worth laughing at in the meantime. As has been said before, nobody thinks he is in the wrong for supporting animal welfare... people just wish he would give it a rest and talk about ANYTHING else (except for religion... but that's a whole other story).

As for the Derek stuff... well yeah, you might get hate around here for your thoughts about the show. Everyone's entitled to an opinion though I suppose, even if it's a really really really really really really bad one.
<gauss> marsy: sometimes people are just fed up with you
mars bah bah bah
Forum Mod

Reputation point: 16804

Postby chinchilla » Thu 16 Jul, 2015 3:40 pm

hello,

unfortunately we hate ricky because almost everything he's done is utter trash and that only becomes more and more true with each new piece of gump he shits out at us.... and he is a bellend of the most enormous magnitude who seeps more hypocrisy than an actual hippopotamus

but welcome to the forum
ive finally got round to changing my signature...
chinchilla

Reputation point: 16342

Postby ScottHanson » Thu 16 Jul, 2015 3:40 pm

It's mainly his hypocrisy.

Everything he said about not chasing fame or ratings.

Everything he said about not bragging about your celebrity mates and going to Hollywood parties.

Everything he said about making comedy that would stand the test of time.

Everything he said about how tacky it was when celebrities bang on about political causes.

But, mainly the fact he hasn't made a decent film or TV show since Cemetery Junction.
Steve: No Elvis, it's a good idea, I'm just wondering if there's maybe something a little bit more glamorous for your fake death, I mean maybe you could take a bullet for the president?
Ricky: Huh, what and shit all over him? Just shit myself?
ScottHanson
Wiki Chief Editor

Reputation point: 17810

Postby mars bah bah bah » Thu 16 Jul, 2015 3:43 pm

ScottHanson wrote:It's mainly his hypocrisy.

Everything he said about not chasing fame or ratings.

Everything he said about not bragging about your celebrity mates and going to Hollywood parties.

Everything he said about making comedy that would stand the test of time.

Everything he said about how tacky it was when celebrities bang on about political causes.

But, mainly the fact he hasn't made a decent film or TV show since Cemetery Junction.

This should be stickied somewhere.
mars bah bah bah
Forum Mod

Postby ScottHanson » Thu 16 Jul, 2015 3:44 pm

How about on Ricky's face, in acid?
Steve: No Elvis, it's a good idea, I'm just wondering if there's maybe something a little bit more glamorous for your fake death, I mean maybe you could take a bullet for the president?
ScottHanson
Wiki Chief Editor

Postby MentalHomeless » Thu 16 Jul, 2015 3:45 pm

Good man spent a while thinking of a unique Karl word haha

Thank you for such a quick reply, I definitely do get it because his stand up was based around mocking what he's become but I always think you should never judge someone you haven't met you know?
But yeah I get the Derek hate too, especially after the k man left, I admit it wasn't as good, and I only found it funny because of dougie and Kev

We can just pray that his movie is even 1/100th as good as the office because that better than I'm expecting :/

Thank you brother
MentalHomeless

Postby mars bah bah bah » Thu 16 Jul, 2015 3:45 pm

That would be a reasonable location.
mars bah bah bah
Forum Mod

Postby ScottHanson » Thu 16 Jul, 2015 3:48 pm

MentalHomeless wrote:I always think you should never judge someone you haven't met you know?

Yeah, I mean, I've never met Pol Pot either.
ScottHanson
Wiki Chief Editor

Postby MentalHomeless » Thu 16 Jul, 2015 3:49 pm

Thank you everyone for your replies
Just to change the subject
I've been very impressed with Steves recent work which does give me the impression he was the main force behind the office and extras
Thoughts?
MentalHomeless

Postby Grunty » Thu 16 Jul, 2015 3:49 pm

monkeysandthat wrote:Is Bret having a breakdown?
Grunty

Reputation point: 3261

Postby MentalHomeless » Thu 16 Jul, 2015 3:50 pm

ScottHanson wrote:
MentalHomeless wrote:I always think you should never judge someone you haven't met you know?

Yeah, I mean, I've never met Pol Pot either.

Haha true
But to compare ricky to someone that murdered half a nation is a bit mad ;)
MentalHomeless

Postby mars bah bah bah » Thu 16 Jul, 2015 3:51 pm

Grunty wrote:Image

MentalHomeless please tell me how you look at this picture without being overcome by hate?

MentalHomeless wrote:Thank you everyone for your replies
I've been very impressed with Steves recent work which does give me the impression he was the main force behind the office and extras
Thoughts?

Yeah, I think many people are now concluding that, although it was long suspected, even when Ricky was at his best.
mars bah bah bah
Forum Mod

Postby Spuddy » Thu 16 Jul, 2015 3:52 pm

Emmy nominated again for his fantastic work on Derek.
They Talk Pictures - Movie Podcast:
iTunes and facebook.com/ttpdt,
Podbean and twitter.com/TTPDTpodcast.
Spuddy

Reputation point: 11084

Postby MentalHomeless » Thu 16 Jul, 2015 3:55 pm

mars bah bah bah wrote:
Grunty wrote:Image

MentalHomeless please tell me how you look at this picture without being overcome by hate?

MentalHomeless wrote:Thank you everyone for your replies
Thoughts?

Yeah, I think many people are now concluding that, although it was long suspected, even when Ricky was at his best.

No that does make me overcome with hate and embarrassment
The only reason I like him for that is because I go on animal right marches and stuff but yeah that's pretty bent

And it's such a blow to realise someone you once loved is a bit of a dick
MentalHomeless

Next

Return to Ricky, Steve and Karl