Welcome to Pilkipedia, Guest! We hope you enjoy the boards available for you to browse here in secrecy.
However why not sign up to the forum to browse the several hidden boards and contribute to our growing community!

WIKI WEEK

Music, gigs, podcasts and radio shows, gems of audio delight.

Moderators: Gtpod, Barrylad

WIKI WEEK

Postby Rickydiculous » Thu 10 Mar, 2011 2:19 am

Ellie wrote:apologies to shawnadancing! I started the transcript for the 26th October episode *ages* ago and slacked off, then decided to come back to it today without checking if someone had been assigned. I added the next part, but I'll toddle off and take another now.

Also, with expanding the guide to's (as mentioned on the job list), is there any guide to (no pun intended) how to format it? For example, do the categories come at any specific point or just when and wherever the topic changes?

Or is that a job for someone who hasn't been neglecting this board for months? [/spanks]

No worries. We all come and go from the boards and the wiki so it's no big thing.

As far as the guide to's, we don't have a specific help page for them, I typically just use another page as a model of how to do it. A lot of the decisions, where to add topic headings, which quotes to use, etc. are up to whoever is editing the page. Sometimes it's easy to tell when a break in the conversation occurs, but other times you can create a break if you feel there was a big change in the topic. But if you look at the other episode pages, you can see a lot of variety in how they're done. Some pages have more breaks than others, and some people choose to write their descriptions in more detail than others. We have no hard and fast rules about those kind of things. It's up to each editor how they want to do it.

Hope that helps answer your question. Feel free to ask if you have any others :)
I very maturely and straightforwardly left anonymous comments about her online.
Rickydiculous
Legendary Wiki Editor

Reputation point: 2025

Re: Pilkipedia Needs You!

Postby ScottHanson » Tue 26 Jul, 2011 12:49 am

If anyone wants to be a hero:

These are the only episode pages that haven't been completed, it would be nice to finish the set. The rest of the Guide to pages are a bit sparse too. I'm gonna do a bit of work on them this week if anyone else wants to help it's as simple as typing in some quotes or trivia from each podcast.
Steve: No Elvis, it's a good idea, I'm just wondering if there's maybe something a little bit more glamorous for your fake death, I mean maybe you could take a bullet for the president?
Ricky: Huh, what and shit all over him? Just shit myself?
ScottHanson
Wiki Chief Editor

Reputation point: 18625

Postby Ghosty » Tue 26 Jul, 2011 1:56 pm

I'll do some work.

I'm sorry, I love this gif
Steve: "I had to say 'You're all my hos, but I can't choose between you. So I'm taking Karl.’"

ScottHanson: she's actually like if Casper and Christina Ricci had a baby
Ghosty

Reputation point: 319

Postby Simon3rd » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 6:12 pm

Hi! Simon from Poland here. I can transcript 07 June 2003 show. I tried it a little bit, and I think I can do it - I will just need someone to check it once I end it ( I'm not English and I could not understand something; yet listening to it I think I will not have many problems). Cheers!
Simon3rd

Reputation point: 0

Postby ScottHanson » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 6:56 pm

Thanks Simon the 3rd!
Steve: No Elvis, it's a good idea, I'm just wondering if there's maybe something a little bit more glamorous for your fake death, I mean maybe you could take a bullet for the president?
ScottHanson
Wiki Chief Editor

Postby Woody » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 8:32 pm

Also if you need help with what they're saying pop it in here.
PSN/Xbox/Nintendo Account- Woody1066
Woody
Wiki Admin

Reputation point: 4226

Postby Axist » Tue 03 Apr, 2012 7:08 am

Not sure if helps really still needed but I'd be up for some transcribing of the XFM show. I started one from late series 2 earlier but stopped when I realised I didn't know how to make a transcription page and also was wondering if anyone had a link to the transcribing software?
"Well we all know Chinese proverbs don't age well."
Axist

Reputation point: 1

Postby Nill Demand » Tue 03 Apr, 2012 1:12 pm

Bret wrote:So I finished my first transcript (Nov 23 2002 if anyone wants to give it a double check) but simultaneous to that, I developed a small application which attempts to streamline the transcription process.

It's called "Pilkies Makin Transcripts" and what you do is type in dialogue and press 'tab', type dialogue, press tab, etc. and it adds the name of the speaker, all the wiki syntax, all the wiki formatting and carriage return automatically. There are also functions for doing the same for Song entries, Actions, "Together" dialogue and there 3 "Producer Modes" for whether Karl, Sturgess or Camfield is pressing the buttons.

Whether anyone will find it useful probably depends on the person but I like it.

Screenshot:
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/9180/pmtss.jpg

Download Here:
http://files.filefront.com/13903686

Don't know anything about it, and the download link's down, but probably if you PM'd Bret he could re-upload it.
I think the mailman thinks me dumb.
Nill Demand

Reputation point: 4433

Postby vikashshinge » Mon 24 Dec, 2012 5:48 am

Hi, i m Vikash Shinge, i work for EPC World Magazine and glad being a part of this forum.
I like the post and appreciate all people's concern regarding Pilkipedia. Its really nice.
vikashshinge

Reputation point: 0

Postby ike » Mon 24 Dec, 2012 5:59 am

I hope you wont disappear after just one post like Simon 3rd up there.
The ike awakens.
ike

Reputation point: 4562

Postby Spader » Sat 05 Jan, 2013 7:37 am

I've been listening to the xfm shows and podcasts on rotation for almost a year now, and everytime i wanted information on an episode or empathy to my laughs, i've turned to pilkipedia; it's time for me to give something in return. Let me know what you need help with (specially since i have lots of free time now)

P
Spader

Reputation point: 5

Postby Barrylad » Sat 05 Jan, 2013 3:14 pm

Appreciated, pal.
FITZSIMMONS wrote:You can get poutine in the UK now? I already am highly questioning the quality.
Barrylad
Forum Mod

Reputation point: 7629

Postby ScottHanson » Thu 28 Feb, 2013 2:56 am

LISTEN UP MAGGOTS

The Wiki has been somewhat neglected over the past several... I wanna say years. So, I brainstormed an idea with the other forum elitists of having a WIKI WEEK where we aim to complete all the most important stuff on the wiki. It's really not all that much writing and you don't have to be Shakespeare to have a go, and we appreciate all contributions.

These are the top ten pages in need of updating, 1 has already been worked on by the wonderful Jenson's Beard. You need to click on create account on http://www.pilkipedia.co.uk to start editing, beyond that it's as simple as claiming a page and having a go. Best thing to do is check out a similar page and base it on that, e.g The Animals/Fame/Politics pages to do the Science page.

1. Ricky's wiki page update.
2. Karl's wiki page update.
3. Steve's wiki page update.
4. Derek page [derek noakes] - Jenson's Beard.
5. Life's Too Short page completion.
6. Long Way Round episode guide. - Scotland Rocks!
7. Science page completion.
8. Hello Ladies Tour/sitcom page.
9. Learn English with Ricky Gervais page.
10. Portal 2 page.

You can PM me or post a question here any time, I will also be trying to do as many updates as I can myself. Hopefully by this time next week we can tick off the whole list.

THANK YOU, WE LOVE YOU.
ScottHanson
Wiki Chief Editor

Re: WIKI WEEK

Postby Scotland Rocks! » Thu 28 Feb, 2013 3:25 am

I'll take the Short Way Round page. I've got it mostly finished anyway.
Scotland Rocks!
Forum Historian

Reputation point: 7220

Re: WIKI WEEK

Postby kate_mckay » Thu 28 Feb, 2013 4:47 pm

As the only "contribution" I seem to have made to pilkipedia is the actors thread, I feel like I should help out more. I'll have a proper look at what needs doing later and throw some words at it. Most of the wikis are shorter than half my forum posts anyway.
"If you can't look a knob in the face, there's something wrong with you."

Chicanubelieveit wroted: "I think kate mckay may well be some sort of sex kitten who oozes sophistication as she walks into any room."
kate_mckay

Reputation point: 8050

PreviousNext

Return to The Sound Board