Welcome to Pilkipedia, Guest! We hope you enjoy the boards available for you to browse here in secrecy.
However why not sign up to the forum to browse the several hidden boards and contribute to our growing community!

The metal thread

Music, gigs, podcasts and radio shows, gems of audio delight.

Moderators: Gtpod, Barrylad

The metal thread

Postby randomtom » Fri 10 Oct, 2008 3:16 pm

just wondering how many steve show devotees are a fan or metal in all its various guises, i.e. death metal, doom metal, black metal, heavy metal, sludge metal, cyber metal and blah blah i could go on.
peace
Its a little radio with headlights, I don't know when you'd need that but...
randomtom

Reputation point: 0

Postby it's_a_foodage » Fri 10 Oct, 2008 3:39 pm

I'm a casual fan of metal (but not a Steve Show devotee).

Metallica
Guns n Roses
Killswitch Engage
SOAD (only Toxicity)

Might pick up The Blackening by Machine Head soon. I like what I'm hearing from them.
it's_a_foodage

Reputation point: 6244

Postby Table_Football » Fri 10 Oct, 2008 4:34 pm

I like metal.

Bands I like are wide ranging and varied. From Anthrax to Merzbow.

**Edit**
I forgot to add, the last album I bought was the latest from 5ive.
"If this was my career... I'd have to throw myself in front of a train."

http://www.last.fm/user/Table_Football
Table_Football

Postby DH » Fri 10 Oct, 2008 4:45 pm

I'm one too.

Faves include SOAD (and subsequent offspring bands), Metallica, Powerglove, Primus & Alter Bridge
No mate, that's control! Society's got you in its grip!
DH
Site Admin

Reputation point: 8802

Postby randomtom » Fri 10 Oct, 2008 9:14 pm

it's_a_foodage wrote:I'm a casual fan of metal (but not a Steve Show devotee).

Metallica
Guns n Roses
Killswitch Engage
SOAD (only Toxicity)

Might pick up The Blackening by Machine Head soon. I like what I'm hearing from them.

good to see that the steve show fans appreciate an underrated genre in the public opinion, and foodage you should definitely get the blackening its an amazing album but their best is their first album which if you haven't already heard it its called "davidian" its absolutely incredible, a blueprint for heavy metal you could say so i'd recommend that over the blackening if your just getting in to them
randomtom

Postby Table_Football » Sat 11 Oct, 2008 12:04 am

randomtom wrote: their best is their first album which if you haven't already heard it its called "davidian" its absolutely incredible, a blueprint for heavy metal

Their first album was actually called "Burn My Eyes" and it was released in 1994, as it was released just before I started secondary school.

Davidian was the first track from that album.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FD7ZIx9D1z0

Table_Football

Postby Christina » Sat 11 Oct, 2008 1:07 am

SOAD only. I don't actively seek metal...I just listen to what falls in my lap and luckily for me SOAD did.
I've met Steve and Michelle.
Christina

Reputation point: 651

Postby VT_Hokie » Sat 11 Oct, 2008 2:47 am

I'll forever love Zeppelin and Sabbath, the forefathers of metal. and I'll take any Metallica up to ..And Justice for All. I don't know if Rage Against the Machine or System of a Down count as metal, but I really like them, too.
I'll be, uhh, I'll be 30 next month...this month, no, next month..where are we?

BAUHAUS IS NOT WORKING!!
VT_Hokie

Reputation point: 380

Postby impeccable flow » Sat 11 Oct, 2008 11:17 am

randomtom wrote:
it's_a_foodage wrote:I'm a casual fan of metal (but not a Steve Show devotee).

Metallica
Guns n Roses
Killswitch Engage
SOAD (only Toxicity)

good to see that the steve show fans appreciate an underrated genre in the public opinion, and foodage you should definitely get the blackening its an amazing album but their best is their first album which if you haven't already heard it its called "davidian" its absolutely incredible, a blueprint for heavy metal you could say so i'd recommend that over the blackening if your just getting in to them

let freedom ring with a shotgun blllllaassssstttt!! incredible band machine head. burn my eyes is a blinder too. the burning red was the entry point for most 'young' machine head fans when that was released.

love opeth, metallica, isis, porcupine tree, at the drive in, deftones and i listen to steve show every week.
It's not the cough that carries you off... It's the coffin they carry you off in.
impeccable flow

Postby it's_a_foodage » Sat 11 Oct, 2008 12:18 pm

VT_Hokie wrote:I'll forever love Zeppelin and Sabbath, the forefathers of metal. and I'll take any Metallica up to ..And Justice for All. I don't know if Rage Against the Machine or System of a Down count as metal, but I really like them, too.

Yeah Zeppelin and Rage are two of my favourite bands. I just didn't list them because I don't really think of them as a metal bands.
it's_a_foodage

Reputation point: 6244

Postby VT_Hokie » Sat 11 Oct, 2008 8:27 pm

it's_a_foodage wrote:
VT_Hokie wrote:I'll forever love Zeppelin and Sabbath, the forefathers of metal. and I'll take any Metallica up to ..And Justice for All. I don't know if Rage Against the Machine or System of a Down count as metal, but I really like them, too.

Yeah Zeppelin and Rage are two of my favourite bands. I just didn't list them because I don't really think of them as a metal bands.

nah, Zeppelin's definitely not metal, just heavily influential. It's obvious from my first post that I'm not much a fan of proper heavy metal.
I'll be, uhh, I'll be 30 next month...this month, no, next month..where are we?

BAUHAUS IS NOT WORKING!!
VT_Hokie

Reputation point: 380

Postby randomtom » Sat 11 Oct, 2008 10:25 pm

[
Their first album was actually called "Burn My Eyes" and it was released in 1994, as it was released just before I started secondary school.

Davidian was the first track from that album.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FD7ZIx9D1z0[/quote]

im absolutely shamed that i got the name of one my fav albums of all time mixed up with one of the song titles, i stand corrected, yeh i couldn't class zep as heavy metal but as has been said they paved the way for metal, i really want 2 get in to porcupine tree any recommendations?? ive recently gotten in2 mogwai, again not a metal band as such but heavily influenced.
randomtom

Postby impeccable flow » Sun 12 Oct, 2008 1:11 pm

randomtom wrote:[i really want 2 get in to porcupine tree any recommendations?? ive recently gotten in2 mogwai, again not a metal band as such but heavily influenced.

Strongly recommend Deadwing and In Absentia - given a discography of 16 studio albums and several bootlegs, eps etc, its always best to start with only a couple!
It's not the cough that carries you off... It's the coffin they carry you off in.
impeccable flow

Postby randomtom » Sun 12 Oct, 2008 8:01 pm

impeccable flow wrote:
randomtom wrote:[i really want 2 get in to porcupine tree any recommendations?? ive recently gotten in2 mogwai, again not a metal band as such but heavily influenced.

Strongly recommend Deadwing and In Absentia - given a discography of 16 studio albums and several bootlegs, eps etc, its always best to start with only a couple!

cheers for the recommendations i'll begin to seek them out asap, just noticed that ur a fellow norwich habitant which area u from??, i just bought dan le sac vs scroobius pip tickets for the waterfront should b a hella good night
randomtom

Postby Table_Football » Sun 12 Oct, 2008 9:26 pm

randomtom wrote: i just bought dan le sac vs scroobius pip tickets for the waterfront should b a hella good night

They are fantastic live.

Table_Football

Next

Return to The Sound Board