Welcome to Pilkipedia, Guest! We hope you enjoy the boards available for you to browse here in secrecy.
However why not sign up to the forum to browse the several hidden boards and contribute to our growing community!

Brief Reviews of Albums You've Listened To Recently...

Music, gigs, podcasts and radio shows, gems of audio delight.

Moderators: Gtpod, Barrylad

Re: Brief Reviews of Albums You've Listened To Recently...

Postby StopWhinging » Fri 18 Nov, 2016 9:05 pm

Hamilton Mixtape (so far)
Each remix so far has been SO good???? Nas on today's track is amazing, and Usher covering Wait For It omg. Leslie Odom Jr.'s Wait For It is clearly the best, but dayum Usher's voice is perfectly silky smooth for the track. The only one I haven't liked as much as the rest is Sia on Satisfied... the way she cuts words off or adds enfasis on weird part of words is kinda annoying, but Miguel doing Hamilton's part OMG I MELT and Queen Latifa rapping ahhhhhhhh

Can't wait for the rest! Also getting the Moana soundtrack obvs cos gotta support #bae
mbbb: she has two moods-hungry and threatened. you can determine her response based on those things

chinch: SW is doing nothing to better her place on the weird americans scale

I'm not controlling...
StopWhinging
Pilki Networker

Reputation point: 7628

Postby Woody » Sat 10 Dec, 2016 8:01 pm

New J Cole album is good.
PSN/Xbox/Nintendo Account- Woody1066
Woody
Wiki Admin

Reputation point: 4226

Postby jppp » Mon 19 Jun, 2017 6:36 pm

The Afghan Whigs - In Spades (2017)
Only ever listened to Debonair or Algiers previously, but this was great from start to finish. It's great to find an album you can click with immediately.
Yes counselor Steve, I like the fun canoe.
jppp

Reputation point: 2385

Postby FITZSIMMONS » Wed 28 Jun, 2017 2:32 am

From my first 5 or 6 so listens so far. This is my album on repea for the past few days. I think it's worth a listen to for anyone who likes singer songwriters with a bit of rock mixed in.
8/10

If anyone else listens/has listened I would love to hear their thoughts! :D
Keep on keeping on.
Steam: AKFITZSIMMONS
Xbox Live: Fitzsimmons
PSN: ANDY_FITZY
Nintendo Network: FITZSIMMONS
FITZSIMMONS

Reputation point: 2023

Postby FITZSIMMONS » Fri 22 Sep, 2017 3:26 pm

The Spark - Enter Shikari

A very poppy and well made album. Unlike previous outings for the group there is virtually nothing in the way of heavy guitars or screaming. Instead they present much more of a pop-rock album with synths. A very select few songs still draw on a punk influence for sure; and sometimes they attempt to use their electronics go give themselves an edge. Interesting experiment for them which sometimes feels like it is out of the 1980s (yet it distinctly does not sound like a 80s pop album).

The only disappointment is there were few of the musical moments so bold and original I am floored and can do little but laugh. These are moments common to my first listens of every previous Enter Shikari album. The only aspect of the album with any light resemblance to that feeling was surprise about how poppy this album was. The heaviest moment is in a ballad. I'll let that sink in...

In the end this would probably be the album I use to introduce people to ES even though it isn't their best album; it could be a big one for them though in that it is so approachable and well-crafted.

Highlights include: Undercover Agents, Live Outside, Shinrin-yoku, An Ode to Lost Jigsaw Pieces

8.5/10

"We all cope somehow."
Keep on keeping on.
FITZSIMMONS

Postby FITZSIMMONS » Thu 02 Nov, 2017 4:30 am

15 years ago (yesterday) one of my favourite albums of all time came out. I remember seeing the premiere of their first single ”Pulmonary Archery” in Much Music’s ´The Wedge’ and being amazed. Never had I seen music so passionately performed. NME magazine has called it one of the best of the genre. It is certified gold. It lead to platinum albums, awards, world tours, the Black Lungs, City & Colour, and more.

Not for everyone but for in the eyes of me and millions of others an instant classic.

Still a 10/10

Keep on keeping on.
FITZSIMMONS

Postby FITZSIMMONS » Wed 24 Jan, 2018 1:53 am

Les Trois Accords - Joie D'être Gai

Pretty fun album. Bit late to this one but I still get why they are the best pop-punk outta Québec

7.5/10
Keep on keeping on.
FITZSIMMONS

Previous

Return to The Sound Board