Welcome to Pilkipedia, Guest! We hope you enjoy the boards available for you to browse here in secrecy.
However why not sign up to the forum to browse the several hidden boards and contribute to our growing community!

The Official "Derek" Thread

A board dedicated to news, interviews and current projects featuring Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant, and Karl Pilkington.

Moderators: Gtpod, Barrylad

Did you buy Derek Series one on DVD or Blu-ray?

Yes - I loves Dereks, he's kinds.
6%
No.
94%

Total votes : 105

Re: Derek and Karl?

Postby Midget Fighter 11 » Tue 29 Nov, 2011 5:13 pm

Next you'll be saying Invention of Lying is better than Battlefield Earth...
Don't be annoyed when Ricky annoys you. It will only make him stronger.
Midget Fighter 11

Reputation point: 0

Postby mars bah bah bah » Tue 29 Nov, 2011 5:14 pm

People aren't wrong in saying it was terrible. You're not wrong for thinking it was passable. It's opinions. Yours is not more valid because you take film studies.
<gauss>: croney just sits around watching eastenders with his mum and sister and eating pineapples from Waitrose
mars bah bah bah
Forum Mod

Reputation point: 12484

Postby RandyChimp » Tue 29 Nov, 2011 5:18 pm

Didn't say anyones opinion was more valid, I was just pointing out that, looking at it from a directorial position, it's not the worst film ever made and that people seem to over-react to it.

I brought up the film studies thing because Wetknee said he'd done film studies too. I was just adding to the discussion. Which is what this is, a discussion. No-one's trying to win here, we're exchanging thoughts on a subject, with no obvious goal at the end. Nothing I say is going to change anyones mind, I know that, so does everyone else. Same goes for the other users on this forum, but there's nothing wrong with havin' a chat.

Yeesh!
monkeysandthat wrote:You don't go around pointing at people with disabilities telling them they're fucked at the next set of stairs.
RandyChimp

Reputation point: 5481

Postby Anti_Nora » Tue 29 Nov, 2011 5:31 pm

mars bah bah bah wrote:It's opinions. Yours is not more valid because you take film studies.

Huh?

That's like me diagnosing my cat with AIDS when the vet says it's just a cold. By your token my opinion would be just as valid as someone who has studied the subject in depth.

I hate when people say shit like that. Some people's opinions are bollocks, simple as that.
Anti_Nora

Reputation point: 2

Postby mars bah bah bah » Tue 29 Nov, 2011 5:33 pm

It's nothing like that. At all.
<gauss>: croney just sits around watching eastenders with his mum and sister and eating pineapples from Waitrose
mars bah bah bah
Forum Mod

Postby RandyChimp » Tue 29 Nov, 2011 5:33 pm

Well, be fair Anti, it's not quite the same. Just because I study films, it doesn't mean my opinion of a film is more valid than someone elses. Opinions are opinions, in terms of the vet analogy (nice one by the way, a cat with AIDs, I cracked up :D), it's not down to a matter of opinion, that's an in depth study with tests.
monkeysandthat wrote:You don't go around pointing at people with disabilities telling them they're fucked at the next set of stairs.
RandyChimp

Postby Anti_Nora » Tue 29 Nov, 2011 5:35 pm

In my opinion it is.

Hoisted with your own petard....
Anti_Nora

Postby RandyChimp » Tue 29 Nov, 2011 5:36 pm

Lol

Curses, foiled again.
RandyChimp

Postby mars bah bah bah » Tue 29 Nov, 2011 5:38 pm

Why should I believe you? I have 15 years of experience in being a cunt on the internet. My message-board opinion therefore trumps yours.
mars bah bah bah
Forum Mod

Postby Tomkerr93 » Tue 29 Nov, 2011 5:41 pm

Guys seriously.

Some people like some films, other people don't. It's all based on personal opinion. It's not a fact that TIOL was shit, it's also not a fact that it wasn't shit. It's an opinion.
Tomkerr93

Reputation point: 198

Postby Anti_Nora » Tue 29 Nov, 2011 5:42 pm

Tomkerr93 wrote:Guys seriously.

Some people like some films, other people don't. It's all based on personal opinion. It's not a fact that TIOL was shit, it's also not a fact that it wasn't shit. It's an opinion.

In my opinion your opinion is whack.
Anti_Nora

Postby RandyChimp » Tue 29 Nov, 2011 5:42 pm

*throws down internet fighting gloves*

I quit!
RandyChimp

Re: The "Derek" Thread

Postby ike » Tue 29 Nov, 2011 5:56 pm

Madgick wrote:A friend of a friend of a friend (literally that) is apparently working at the moment on the Derek Pilot! I'll keep it short incase you're all aware of this already, or incase it turns out its bullshit, but Karl is supposed to be in it too as Dereks carer. They did a scene in the car pretty much unscripted where Karl is driving him somewhere and Ricky was sat in the back just pissing him off, sounds about right.

Oh and Karl has a silly wig, I think it was one of those U shaped hair styles like when you're just bald on the top.

This is all being discussed here:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=11523
Shed Seven ‏@shedseven
"@rickygervais If it was the office we’d be gutted - if it was Extras we’d be miffed - as for Derek - think we’ve had a lucky escape!!! :)"
ike

Reputation point: 4396

Postby ike » Tue 29 Nov, 2011 6:02 pm

If only there was an Invention of Lying thread.
Shed Seven ‏@shedseven
"@rickygervais If it was the office we’d be gutted - if it was Extras we’d be miffed - as for Derek - think we’ve had a lucky escape!!! :)"
ike

Reputation point: 4396

Postby mars bah bah bah » Tue 29 Nov, 2011 6:07 pm

lol
mars bah bah bah
Forum Mod

PreviousNext

Return to News