Welcome to Pilkipedia, Guest! We hope you enjoy the boards available for you to browse here in secrecy.
However why not sign up to the forum to browse the several hidden boards and contribute to our growing community!

The Moaning of Life (New Karl Show for Sky 1)

A board dedicated to news, interviews and current projects featuring Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant, and Karl Pilkington.

Moderators: Gtpod, Barrylad

Re: The Moaning of Life (New Karl Show for Sky 1)

Postby mars bah bah bah » Wed 30 Jan, 2013 4:27 pm

He sort of needs to be, or else he won't do anything interesting. His ideas of what are interesting can sometimes be a little... not. But what's interesting is seeing him put in situations where he's forced to have an opinion on something he otherwise wouldn't have. I think there needs to be someone instigating action. Maybe not to the extent Ricky did, but it needs to still exist in some form.
<chinchilla>: you cunt faced Australian shite monkey bereft of value but for photos of tits and water each cemented in the legacy of a man who will never succeed in running away from himself
mars bah bah bah
Forum Mod

Reputation point: 10949

Postby jacktheripper » Wed 30 Jan, 2013 9:07 pm

Things I don't want:

1. Forced segments with upbeat music as Karl does something uncomfortable or slapsticky.

That's about it. I think there'll be less of that. I hope it's more like those one offs he did for the Fame DVD extras and the happiness "documentary".
"ALL YOU'VE SAID IS FATBABY FATBABY...FATBABYONTELLY...FATBABY..."
jacktheripper

Reputation point: 20

Postby Mr. Buttersbee » Thu 31 Jan, 2013 7:48 pm

I could never get into An Idiot Abroad due to the poking from Ricky and Steve and even had a little whinge here awhile back about how I wanted Karl to just get his own damn programme.

My prayers have been answered. (Figurative prayers there Rick, settle down bud.)
It's time to...let the son of Gob enfold me.
Mr. Buttersbee

Reputation point: 561

Postby brophs » Thu 07 Feb, 2013 4:34 pm

Good to hear Karl is doing this. To my mind the worst thing about AIA (latterly, at least) was the poking from Ricky (and Steve, to a lesser extent) because it became all about "How can we really annoy Karl?" as opposed to the original idea of "How can we best put Karl in situations which allow the world to see his weird take on things?"

I'm not too disappointed that they're not involved. Warwick especially, as AIA 3, albeit reasonably funny at times, felt very heavily scripted (not in the traditional sense, but in that the outcomes and some of the gags seemed to have been set up). But as someone above said, if all the change of format brings is that the poking now comes from some unknown voice off-camera then I'd prefer to have Ricky whooping down the phone every so often.
I would pump you for no reason ever.
brophs

Reputation point: 1076

Postby Paute » Fri 08 Feb, 2013 12:29 pm

Great!
We make television for a British audience and it's still amazing to me that most countries in the world have my fat face beamed into homes once a week. Ricky Gervais - Ricky´s Tumblr

@Paula_Python
Paute

Reputation point: 442

Postby Player 1 » Sat 09 Feb, 2013 10:45 am

I hope Karl enjoys it.
Player 1

Reputation point: 0

Postby ScottHanson » Fri 31 May, 2013 3:35 pm

Seen some tweets that say they were shooting promotional stuff for the series today, so might not be far away.
Leisure Pirate wrote:Obviously everyone wants to be with Hanson but you'll just have to deal with it.

http://i.imgur.com/F6taVgx.png
ScottHanson
Wiki Chief Editor

Reputation point: 8854

Postby TheGrimReaper » Fri 31 May, 2013 8:34 pm

I'm looking forward to this, It will be interesting seeing the differences between this and An Idiot Abroad.
Little Karly Pilkington. Little baldy Manc whingin’ little twat.
TheGrimReaper

Reputation point: 579

Postby powerfuldragon » Sat 01 Jun, 2013 5:55 pm

possible spoiler ahead regarding one of the things he does in indonesia during the moaning of life, link and whatnot provided under the spoiler blue stuff:

http://www.virginmedia.com/newsfeeds//11587/2013/05/15/karl-pilkington-delivers-baby/

Karl Pilkington helped deliver an Indonesian woman's baby on his latest TV show 'The Moaning of Life'.
The 'An Idiot Abroad' star has been filming his latest Sky One travel documentary series - which sees him travel the world to learn more about different cultures and see how they face up to life's biggest issues - in Bali, where he encounters many ''bizarre'' happenings.
A source told The Sun newspaper: ''This show is more about him confronting his mid-life crisis through a series of bizarre, coming-of-age encounters in different cultures.''
But unlike Karl's three series on 'An Idiot Abroad' - on which the TV personality shot to fame with his comical experiences while travelling the world - Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant do not have any input on his latest project.
powerfuldragon

Reputation point: 72

Postby Scotland Rocks! » Sat 01 Jun, 2013 9:15 pm

I feel the "spoiler" is front page Pilki news. Any objections?
"They're not called gobblers, or wholly swallowers. They're called constrrrictors."

Das lanky pißenstreak!
Scotland Rocks!
Forum Historian

Reputation point: 6040

Postby powerfuldragon » Sat 01 Jun, 2013 9:52 pm

nope
powerfuldragon

Postby powerfuldragon » Tue 04 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

http://metro.co.uk/2013/06/04/karl-pilk ... f-3826719/

interview with karl about the moaning of life and his new book.
powerfuldragon

Postby Spuddy » Tue 04 Jun, 2013 10:25 pm

That reminds me that I didn't read the 2nd book yet.
Spuddy

Reputation point: 6555

Postby Jenson's Beard » Tue 04 Jun, 2013 11:11 pm

Good interview that. I like the answer to the last question - seems like he's starting to appreciate all he's been through.
"Do you want a sandwich? Here's a sandwich". And then next year "Can I have a sandwich?" "What happened to your brother?" "He died."

EPL Prediction League!/Martin's Beardbugs!
Jenson's Beard

Reputation point: 2406

Postby TheGrimReaper » Wed 05 Jun, 2013 5:32 pm

Good interview, Karl is still as brilliant as ever.
Little Karly Pilkington. Little baldy Manc whingin’ little twat.
TheGrimReaper

Reputation point: 579

PreviousNext

Return to News