Out Of England
Out Of England is the fourth solo stand-up show by Ricky Gervais released as an HBO special on 15 November 2008. It was filmed at Madison Square Garden in New York City. The DVD was released on 31 March 2009 in the US.
Out of England ran for 7 shows in Los Angeles and New York in July 2008. Gervais started with two warm-up gigs for charity in Brentwood, California from 9-10 July 2008. He then performed two gigs in The Kodak Theater in Hollywood, the same venue that annually hosts the Academy Awards, from 11-12 July 2008. He finished his tour in Madison Square Garden in New York where he performed from 14-16 July 2008. The show began with the same introduction as Fame, with Queen’s “One Vision,” the crown and cape, and the large letters in lights that spell, “RICKY.”
- Jerry Springer saves the world’s fattest man
- Sharks and Nazis
- The Falkland War
- Stephen Hawking
- David Beasley stories (cannibals)
- Animal Facts
- Terrance Higgins Trust Leaflet
- The Industrious Mouse and The Boy Who Cried Wolf
- Jack and Jill and Humpty Dumpty
- Nietzsche and Hitler
- Nelson Mandela
- David Beasley stories (masturbating)
- Going commando
- Rosa Parks
- David Beasley stories (glory hole)
- Ricky Gervais: But we did raise thousands of dollars or hundreds of pounds whichever… way you… What’s it like being a third world country?
- Ricky Gervais: Look for the random skank that doesn't fit the bi11.
- Ricky Gervais: I say tour, LA and New York, they’re the main two. I didn’t do the middle bit, um. Nothing wrong with the middle bit, if you’re watching the DVD.
I love the middle bit, I love the middle bit. I love all of America.
I do- um, I do I’ve got a film coming out.
- Ricky Gervais: That is warm because of my body heat, some of which is probably willy heat, do you know what I mean? No…
But it is, I’m not saying I’ve got a very hot penis.
But I- no it’s the same temp- what I’m saying is it started off as core temperature but then it had to go through the willy which kept it warm like a land pipe.
And it was only a very short journey so it lost-
It’s fine, it’s average, I don’t know. Um, I don’t know, doesn’t matter, doesn’t matter. I’m five foot eight it’s in proportion.
It’s fine. It’s fine. It is. Absolutely fine there’s nothing wrong with it. I’ve got nothing to compare it with, mine is the only one I’ve seen… I haven’t seen it for a while.
Doesn’t matter. I’d look silly with about a two foot cock, wouldn’t I?
I’d look ridiculous. It would look ridiculous, I would go, “Look at my big cock,” well you look ridiculous.
You look ridiculous, you’d be better with an average one. Whatever size it is it looks fine on me. Also if I had a two foot one I’d faint every time I got an erection.
I’d just be lying there with no blood in me, just this cock.
It’s fine. I’ve never thought about it before, don’t worry about it, don’t worry about it. It’s fine, it really is. Now I’m worried that you think oh I- it’s…
If you saw me naked you would not go, “That is the tiniest cock I’ve ever seen.” You fucking wouldn’t.
You’d look, you’d go, “Oh, there’s a naked man,”
Well you wouldn’t have to squint. I don’t know why I did that, I don’t know why I did that. You would not have to squint. You’d go, “There’s his penis.” It’s fine.