Auntie Nora is Karl's colourful aunt who he referenced several times during the Xfm years, the podcasts, and in his writing. The most famous legend of Auntie Nora is when she farted for 5 minutes as a result of being "pumped full of drugs" by doctors, Karl described her sounding like a 'maraca' she was so full of drugs all the time. Karl has also gone into detail about a time when he sat down in front of his TV as a child and happened to catch a glimpse up her skirt, and that "it looked like a ripped tennis ball" much to Ricky's hyena-like laughter. Karl also described how when he was a kid he used to have to rub Auntie Nora's back, and it was "like putting your hands in a bowl of Coco Pops". For his 8th birthday, she gave Karl a t-shirt with a picture of her face on it.
Once Karl talked about how Auntie Nora was interested in having her back garden Astroturfed because she was tired of dealing with it but she liked the green. Other oddities include her mashing up her leftover food and storing loads of meals for ages in ice cream tubs in the fridge, and her penchant for putting a valance around objects to hide what is underneath.
Mentions on the Show
- 12 October 2002 - Auntie Nora has wind for 5 minutes
- 16 November 2002 - Auntie Nora puts valances on everything
- 15 March 2003 - Karl compares Auntie Nora's clunge to a "ripped tennis ball"
- 29 March 2003 - Songs of Phrase features the phrase "M-m-m-my Auntie had wind for five minutes."
- 31 May 2003 - Karl had to rub Auntie Nora's back, which felt like Coco Pops
- 05 July 2003 - No world record for Auntie Nora having wind for 5 minutes
- 18 June 2005 - Karl regrets naming Auntie Nora in Zoo
- Podcast Series 2 - Auntie Nora is mentioned in Karl's Diary
- The Ricky Gervais Guide To... Medicine - Karl discusses Auntie Nora's inclination to try untested medications.