Pilkie's Makin Music
Pilkie's Makin Music was the name given to a mobile disco run by a young Karl and his friend Colin Makin. During their sets Colin would turn the lights on and off in time with the music. Decor included a bit of lighting that spelled out "Darren" (the original owner of the lighting). (This would explain the disco's original name: Dazzling Darren's Disco.)
Karl would steal items from his parents' bedroom to give out as prizes. Ricky jested that Karl would give out various sex toys due to Karl's indifference on what he blindly took.
The two had business cards printed out to distribute to guests at the functions they DJed. The cards had to be returned to Karl however, as the expense of printing out the cards meant they had to be re-used.
Karl first mentioned Pilkie's Makin Music on 08 December 2001, when queried about DJing by Steve. He mentioned Colin Makin, but did not go into detail about his set.
Mentions on the Show
- 08 December 2001 - The boys chat about their mobile discos.
- 02 March 2002 - Steve compares the Xfm studio equipment to the equipment in Pilkie's Makin Music.
- 09 March 2002 - Karl brings up Colin Makin when thinking about his childhood.
- 20 April 2002 - Karl goes into detail on his mobile disco and the prizes he gave away.
- 29 March 2003 - Karl recounts his DJing days.